The Hawthorne Shuffleboard Club has agreed to guarantee payment of the Tournament Director fee and any related expenses, thus waiving Pre-registration for A19b State Any Am Doubles Tournament, February 20-21.
Registration will begin in our main clubhouse at 8:00am, and close at 9:00am. Tournament play will begin at 9:00am, on our courts.
A food truck, The Happy Camper Snack Shack will be on-site from 10:30-1:30 on Monday, February 20.
If you’re never played at Hawthorne, we invite you to come play on our highly regarded courts. If you have played here, we welcome you back.
114 Jacaranda Drive
Please find attached the Minutes from the Feb 11, 2023 General board meeting of the CM Shuffleboard Club.
Minutes General Board meeting February 11, 2023
The Hawthorne Shuffleboard Club will have lunch available at A19b State Any Am Doubles Tournament. The “Happy Camper Snack Shack” will be returning after serving Lunch during the recent State Redline M/L Double Tournament. Lunch will be served on Monday, February 20, from 10:30am-1:30pm. The Happy Camper is a vintage camper themed food trailer offering a variety of hot dogs, meatball subs, chicken pitas, along with hot fresh mini donuts, warm brownie bites, fresh squeezed lemonade, chips, and soft drinks. They are being
invited back due to reviews/comments from players and residents at the Redline. To see their menu, go to http://www.happycampersnackshack.com, or their Facebook page, Happy Camper Snack Shack.
If you have never played at Hawthorne, we look forward to seeing you here; if you have played here before, we look forward to welcoming you back.
Chairperson, Hawthorne Shuffleboard Club
The Deland Shuffleboard Club hosted the ND25 Any Doubles Tournament on Feb 9th and 10th. Richie and Carolyn Burrell were the Directors and the Deland Shuffleboard Club was the sponsor. The courts were in wonderful shape and the weather was beautiful. Coffee and donuts were supplied for those who arrived early. The Inga’s donated the much needed water. We had 23 teams sign up for the challenge. Congratulations to all the shufflers especially those who identify with the Coronado/Mainland Club.
1. Bonnie & Randy Radke…………………..Coronado/Mainland
2. Gail Howell & Frank Cherill……………Leesburg
3. Andy Serina & Dave Dean………………Leesburg
4. John Giumarra & George Snyder……..Deland/Clermont
1. Stan Williamson & Walt Bartels………..Coronado/Mainland/Deland
2. Doris Hanke & David Nitchie…………..Hawthorne/Lake Point
3. Marilyn & Bill Van Lare…………………..Coronado/Mainland
4. Chuck Ebling & Doug Peuler……………Holiday RV Village
Pictures to come later.
PLEASE NOTE: that the Executive Board Meeting (10:00 am) and the General Board Meeting (11:00 am) is scheduled for this Saturday, February 11. There will be regular shuffleboard play following the meeting at 12:00 noon. We will have the nominations for the new board members announced for the following shuffleboard season. Thanks See you there.
SPARC Shuffleboard Night Out Events will be held this year on Wednesdays from 6-7pm? The SPARC members are super excited to get back out on the court with their Coronado Mainland Shuffleboard Club buddies! We will be looking for volunteers to work with the SPARCs group on the following dates: March 8, March 15, March 22, March 29, April 5, April 12, April 19 .
Mike Beall will coordinate with our club members so we will have refreshments available. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Mike Beall (email@example.com) or Zak Wonson (Wonsons@yahoo.com).
Congratulations to our Northern District players:
Gail Howell and Barb Wade, Bob Robinson and Allen Dronsfield, William Jones
and Lyle Walker and David Nitchie.
Open State Doubles – Hawthorne SBC – 2/7/2023
Sponsor: F.S.A. and Doris Hanke
Ladies – Main 23 Teams
1. Pam Nurnberger * – Terri Smith * . . . . . . . . . . . . . Bradenton
2. Debbie Norton * – Dotty Koert . . . . . . Lee County/Spanish Lakes 1
3. Glenda Brake * – Pauline Murphy * . . . . . . . . . . . .Zephyrhills
4. Gail Howell – Barbara Wade . . . . . . . .Leesburg/Coronado-Mainland
1. Belinda Jones – Elaine Antaya . . . . . . Wickham Park/Leisure Lakes
2. Cathy Claud – Nancy McClenon . . . . . . . . . .Deer Creek/Avon Park
3. Sharon Henderson – Patt Bertram . . . . . . . . . . . . .Zephyrhills
4. Gerdien Dykman – Ellie Crowell . . . . . . . . . . . . . Zephyrhills
Men – Main 39 Teams
1. Robert Robinson – Allen Dronsfield * . . . . . . .Hawthorne/Leesburg
2. Michael Seyfer * – Dean Myklejord * . . . . . . Zephyrhills/Lakeland
3. Earl Ball * – Aaron Dinkelman . . . . . . . . . . Betmar/Zephyrhills
4. Rosaire Cote * – William h. Jones . . . . . . . .Bradenton/Hawthorne
1. John Houghtaling – Larry Charbonneau . . . . . . . . . . Zephyrhills
2. Greg Jones – Thomas Winkelspecht . . . . . . . . . . . .Wickham Park
3. Stan Kowalewski – John Robinton . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bradenton
4. Lyle Walker – David Nitchie . . . . . . . . . . Hawthorne/Lake Point
Tournament Director: Glenn Monroe